Integrative Myofascial Release Techniques – Spine
With Mark Finch, Dip Mass, RMT KMI
Please Read: A Quick Note
At Somatic Senses, we love education. Our desire is to bring the average level of all our respective professions closer to a standard of excellence. In certain instances, we see notable value in a specific educational opportunity, but cannot host the course ourselves for one reason or another. In these cases, we want to make sure you find out about them anyway.
In these cases, we will list them on our website (as you see here) and try to negotiate a stellar Somatic Senses Discount for you, but ultimately refer you to the hosts website to sign up. Don't be afraid of signing up for these courses. We put our Somatic Senses Stamp of Approval on these courses, as we would any course we vetted as part of our usual process. Enjoy!
Pain and dysfunction in the spinal column are the most common reasons clients seek treatment. A healthy spine allows fluid and easy movement in all planes; however spinal dysfunction is an all too common clinical finding. Imbalances, injury or poor movement patterns can create restrictions and fibrosis that compromise freedom and function in the spine.
In this two day class you’ll learn principles and skills taught in my Integrative Myofascial Series. Assessment and clinical reasoning skills help you determine where to treat, a skill that is vital to clinical efficiency and effectiveness. The treatment techniques I teach on this course and the Series are derived from my background in Structural Integration, Massage Therapy and Visceral Manipulation. You’ll leave with new techniques that you can apply immediately and a sample of a framework that will help you grow as a clinician.
- Understand the current state of connective tissue research, this is a missing piece for many clinician’s understanding of soft tissue.
- Explore the architecture of the spine and the implications this has for function.
- Learn simple tests to quickly narrow down the best treatment approach.
- Learn effective techniques to restore tissue mechanics and free the spine.
- Understand how treatment of the spine fits into an integrative approach to treatment of the whole person.
November 18-19, 2017
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 9am - 5pm
Victoria, British Columbia
West Coast College of Massage Therapy
818 Broughton St